In August 2012 the Charter School of Morgan Hill Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, was formed to support the resource development and fundraising activities of the Charter School of Morgan Hill.
The Charter School of Morgan Hill Foundation, a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization, was formed in August 2012 to support the resource development and fundraising activities of the Charter School of Morgan Hill. The Foundation’s fundraising efforts help CSMH provide students with accessibility to technology, enrichment programs, field trips, school supplies, project oriented and community based hands-on activities as well as improvements to facilities and equipment and small class sizes. Each year the Foundation develops strategies to achieve the financial goals set forth by CSMH.
Prior to the formation of the Foundation all fundraising activities were managed directly by the Charter School of Morgan Hill. In 2012 it was decided to create a separate entity that would be able to develop a defined strategy for resource development, enhance fiscal controls over fundraising activities and provide more transparency regarding the sources and uses of funds.
Benefits of the CSMH Foundation include:
- Providing a strategic approach to resource development
- Increasing awareness of CSMH and the Foundation in the community
- Freeing CSMH staff to focus on education
- Enhancing the fiscal controls and oversight of fundraising activities
The Foundation’s goals include:
- Developing both short and long-term strategies for maximizing resource development
- Recognizing volunteers and donors
- Launching a marketing presence
- Evaluating industry best practices
- Maintaining highly accountable, transparent and efficient business operations